Charter Review Task Force Applicants Needed.
Please consider applying for the Charter Review Task Force. Applicants are needed in order to form this commission. The commission would look into our current Charter and possibly propose updates and amendments. Please make sure your application is in by October 15, 2013. Here is the link to the online application and the printable application.
NOTE: Under “Board/Commission you wish to serve on:*” type or write in CHARTER REVIEW.
Regional Plan Update.
Is this a guide or policy? We are being told repeatedly this is a guide, a dream or vision. Yet the plan has language many times that commands, shall, will etc.
In what I see as a positive step,
Council agreed today to add a clear and visible statement on the 1st page of the document stating that this plan is a vision/guide and not legally binding. Language protecting private property rights will also be clearly added.
Council reviewed and updated our goals for the upcoming year. Goals are as follows:
1. Repair, replace and maintain infrastructure (streets & utilities).
2. Fund existing, and consider expanded, recreational services.
3. Address Core Services Maintenance Facility.
4. Complete Rio de Flag.
5. Retain, expand, and diversify economic base.
6. Complete the Water Policy.
7. Review financial viability of pensions.
8. Review all Commissions.
9. Zoning Code check in and analysis of the process and implementation.
10. Develop an ongoing budget process.
Friday 9/20. 7-9AM, I’ll be co-hosting FlagMornings, 93.5FM/930AM/www.Country935.com
Representative Adam Kwasman will be talking with us and Jeff Knore regarding Flagstaff Shelter Services.
Monday 9/23, 7-9AM, I’ll be co-hosting FlagMornings, 93.5FM/930AM/www.Country935.com
Congressman Paul Gosar will be talking with us.