Arizona Board of Education relaxes rules for substitute teachers due to teacher shortage
- Substitute teachers can now teach up to 120 days per school year.
- Were previously limited to 120 days in the same district so now they can go to other districts.
- In Arizona anyone with a high school diploma can be a substitute teacher but only for a one year period before they have to go through additional certification. The rule changes now allow up to two years.
- Regular sub needs a bachelors degree and the certification is good for six years.
- One recent study indicates 1 in 5 teacher positions are open in Arizona.
‹ #1287: Sinema Censured. Ducey sues Treasury. FUSD in financial distress. Senator Kelly is confused on inflation. California looks like a train wreck! Cave homes and property rights.